You (“Customer”) agree to purchase exclusively from UGI Energy Services, LLC d/b/a UGI EnergyLink (“UGIEL”) all of the electricity requirements of your residential or commercial electric account, pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth below (“Terms and Conditions”) and the terms in any Customer Confirmation Agreement (together, the Terms and Conditions and any Customer Confirmation Agreement shall be referred to as the “Contract”). Any Customer Confirmation Agreement shall be subject to and governed by these Terms and Conditions. YOU MAY RESCIND THIS CONTRACT WITHOUT PENALTY OR OBLIGATION BY PROVIDING UGIEL WITH ORAL OR WRITTEN NOTIFICATION OF YOUR CANCELLATION BEFORE MIDNIGHT OF THE THIRD BUSINESS DAY AFTER RECEIVING THIS CONTRACT.
- Contract Term/Service Period: The term of this Contract shall commence on the Customer’s enrollment date and shall continue until either Party cancels the contract in accordance with
Section 6 below. To meet your electricity requirements beyond the Service Period specified in an effective Customer Confirmation Agreement, you may agree to a renewal offering from UGIEL.
FOLLOWING THE EXPIRATION OF A FIXED PRICE, IF YOU DO NOT SELECT ANOTHER PRODUCT OFFERING FROM UGIEL, ENROLL WITH ANOTHER EGS OR RETURN TO
PROVIDER OF LAST RESORT SERVICE, THIS CONTRACT SHALL AUTOMATICALLY RENEW AT A VARIABLE PRICE. SEE SECTION 2 FOR DETAILS.
- Contract Price/Fixed or Variable/Other Charges or Fees: You agree to pay the Contract Price set forth in the Customer Confirmation Agreement for the electricity generation supply service
provided by UGIEL during the applicable Service Period. Unless otherwise provided, the Contract Price shall include Generation Charges, Transmission Charges and estimated total state taxes,
including gross receipts tax but excluding applicable state and local sales tax. You agree to pay applicable gross receipts tax and other state and local sales tax charges which may appear as a separate
line item on your bill. The Contract Price excludes Distribution Charges, which you will continue to owe to your EDC per the EDC’s tariff. No additional fees or charges shall apply except as may apply in
accordance with this Section 2 and Sections 4, 5 or 8 below. IF YOU ARE ON A VARIABLE PRICE, THE PRICE YOU SHALL PAY WILL VARY EACH BILLING CYCLE BASED ON RTO
WHOLESALE POWER MARKET PRICES THEN IN EFFECT AND SHALL INCLUDE A PASS THROUGH OF ALL RTO WHOLESALE POWER COSTS INCURRED BY UGIEL IN SERVING
CUSTOMER’S ACCOUNT. THERE IS NO LIMIT ON HOW MUCH THE VARIABLE PRICE MAY CHANGE FROM ONE BILLING CYCLE TO THE NEXT. YOU WILL RECEIVE
NOTIFICATION OF THE PRICE CHANGE WHEN THE PRICE TAKES EFFECT (I.E., WHEN YOU RECEIVE THE BILL WITH THAT PRICE).
- Notice of Expiration of Fixed Price/Change in Terms/Renewal: If you have a Fixed Price with us and it is approaching the expiration date, or if we propose to change the terms and
conditions of our service, UGIEL will send you two advance written notices in separate mailings before the expiration date and/or effective date of the change in terms. These notifications will
explain your options going forward.
- Billing/Payment: If Customer is enrolled in the Consolidated Bill program, UGIEL charges will appear on the EDC’s invoice. If Customer is enrolled in the Dual Bill program, UGIEL charges
will appear on a separate UGIEL invoice. You agree to pay all invoiced amounts on or before the due date specified on the invoice. If timely payment is not made on an undisputed bill, you may be
subject to a late charge from UGIEL equal to the monthly interest rate of 1.5% to the undisputed portion of the bill. If UGIEL is participating in the EDC’s Purchase of Receivables program, no late
charge by UGIEL shall apply.
- Early Cancellation Fee/Penalty: IF YOU HAVE A FIXED PRICE WITH US AND YOU CANCEL SERVICE PRIOR TO THE EXPIRATION OF THE EFFECTIVE SERVICE PERIOD, AN
EARLY CANCELLATION FEE SHALL APPLY. IF UGIEL CANCELS THIS CONTRACT DUE TO CUSTOMER NON-PAYMENT, AN EARLY CANCELLATION FEE SHALL APPLY. FOR
RESIDENTIAL AND SMALL BUSINESS ACCOUNTS, THE EARLY CANCELLATION FEE SHALL BE EQUAL TO A ONE-TIME, FLAT FEE OF $75.00. FOR COMMERCIAL
ACCOUNTS, THE EARLY CANCELLATION FEE SHALL BE EQUAL TO $50.00 PER MONTH FOR ALL UNEXPIRED MONTHS REMAINING IN THE EFFECTIVE SERVICE PERIOD.
PLEASE CONTACT UGIEL FOR HELP IN DETERMINING WHETHER YOU QUALIFY AS A SMALL BUSINESS ACCOUNT.
- Cancellation of Contract: Either party may cancel this Contract subject to the provisions of this Section 6, with the effective date of such cancellation to be set by the EDC. Customer Non-
Payment: If Customer fails to make timely payment, UGIEL may cancel this Contract by providing a notice of cancellation and you will owe us for amounts unpaid up to the effective date of
cancellation plus the early cancellation fee. If your electric service is terminated by your EDC, this Contract shall cancel on the date that your electric service is terminated and you will owe us for
amounts unpaid for our charges for electric generation service up to the date of termination plus the early cancellation fee. UGIEL-Initiated Cancellation: If UGIEL cancels this Contract for any
reason other than for Customer non-payment, we will follow applicable rules in providing notice to you and you will owe us for amounts unpaid up to the effective date of cancellation. No early
cancellation fee will apply. Customer-Initiated Cancellation: If you have a Variable Price, you may enroll in a Fixed Price offered by UGIEL or cancel this Contract at any time with no
early cancellation fee or penalty; provided that, you must pay UGIEL for all outstanding amounts owed for service up to the effective date of cancellation. If you have a Fixed Price and
you cancel service prior to the expiration of the effective Service Period, you must pay the early cancellation fee plus all outstanding amounts owed for service up to the effective date of
cancellation. If you have a Fixed Price, upon expiration of the effective Service Period, you may (1) select a new product offering from UGIEL; (2) continue service with UGIEL on a
Variable Price either under these terms and conditions or new terms and conditions as may be proposed by UGIEL; or (3) cancel this Contract without penalty or fee and return to
Provider of Last Resort Service or enroll with another EGS. Customer Move: If Customer moves from the current address, this Contract shall cancel and you will owe us for amounts unpaid up
to the effective date of cancellation. No early cancellation fee will apply. Provided Customer is eligible to participate in UGIEL’s Power Choice Program, you may agree to a new Contract with UGIEL
to begin at your new residence/business address.
- Disclosure: UGIEL is not the same company as your Electric Distribution Company. You acknowledge that you have freely chosen UGIEL as your Electric Generation Supplier. The
Generation Charges you pay under this Contract are set by UGIEL. The PUC regulates the Distribution Charges and services provided by your EDC. The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
(FERC) regulates Transmission Charges and services.
- Regulatory Event/New Charges/Pass-Through: IN THE EVENT THE EDC, RTO OR NERC IMPLEMENTS A RATE INCREASE OR ADOPTS ANY OTHER CHANGES IN TARIFF OR
OTHER REQUIREMENTS THAT RESULT IN A DIRECT INCREASE IN COSTS TO UGIEL IN PROVIDING SERVICE TO CUSTOMERS, UGIEL MAY FLOW THROUGH SUCH INCREASED
COSTS TO ITS CUSTOMERS AND YOU AGREE TO PAY YOUR PROPORTIONAL SHARE OF SUCH INCREASED COSTS. IF YOU ARE ON A FIXED PRICE, UGIEL WILL PROVIDE
ADVANCE NOTICE TO YOU OF SUCH INCREASED COSTS AS A PROPOSED CHANGE IN TERM IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 3 ABOVE; PROVIDED THAT, IF YOU DO NOT
CONSENT, UGIEL MAY CANCEL THIS CONTRACT AND RETURN CUSTOMER TO PROVIDER OF LAST RESORT SERVICE WITH NO FURTHER LIABILITY TO UGIEL AND AT NO
ADDITIONAL PENALTY OR FEE TO CUSTOMER.
- Notices / Contact Information:
For Maryland utility customers contact the PSC by mail at William Donald Schaefer Tower, 6 St. Paul St., 16th Floor, Baltimore, MD. 21202 or PSC’s Customer Service Number: 1-800-492-0474
- How to contact UGI EnergyLink:
One Meridian Boulevard, Suite 2C01
Wyomissing, PA 19610
Phone Number: (800) 427-8545 or (610) 373-7999
Fax Number: (484) 772-2946
PUC EGS License No.: A-2013-2369288
- How to contact your EDC/Provider of Last Resort:
See your Customer Confirmation Agreement.
- How to contact the PUC:
P.O. Box 3265
Harrisburg, PA 17105-3265
PUC’s Electric Competition Hotline Number: 1-800-692-7380
- How to contact the OCA:
555 Walnut Street, 5th Floor
Harrisburg PA 17101-1923
Toll-Free Number (PA only):
Telephone: (717) 783-5048
For Delaware utility customers contact the PSC by mail 861 Silver Lake Blvd, Cannon Building, Suite 100, Dover, DE. 19904, or PSC’s Customer Service Number: 1-800-282-8574
For DC utility customers contact the PSC by mail at 133 H Street, NW, Suite 200, West Tower, Washington, DC 20005, or PSC’s Customer Service Number: 1-202-626-5100
For New Jersey utility customers contact the BPU by mail at 44 South Clinton Ave, Trenton, NJ. 08625, or BPU’s Customer Service Number: 1-800-624-0241
- EDC (Electric Distribution Company): The public utility that provides facilities for the transmission and distribution of electricity to retail customers. The EDC is regulated by the PUC.
EGS (Electric Generation Supplier):
An entity licensed by the PUC that
sells electricity to customers using the
transmission or distribution facilities of
the EDC. Provider of Last Resort: The
company providing generation services, as
determined by the PUC, to those customers
not receiving service from an EGS.
- Generation Charges: The charges for
electricity generation supply service
sold by Kilowatt-hour. kWh (Kilowatt-
hour): The basic unit of electric energy for
which most customers are charged in cents
per kilowatt-hour. A kilowatt-hour is the
equivalent of using ten 100 watt light
bulbs for one hour. Distribution Charges:
The charges for the delivery of electricity
from the EDC to your premises. These
charges are regulated by the PUC.
- RTO (Regional Transmission Organization): An organization that operates the wholesale power grid, including, but not limited to, PJM Interconnection, LLC. For purposes herein, RTO shall also refer to an Independent System Operator or ISO. The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) regulates RTO Charges and services.
NERC (North American Electric
Reliability Corporation): An
organization and its regional entities that
develops and enforces electric reliability
standards in North America.
- OCA: The Pennsylvania Office of Consumer Advocate.
PUC (Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission): The State regulatory agency that provides oversight, policy guidance and direction to EDCs, EGSs and Providers of Last Resort.
Transmission Charges: The charges for moving high voltage electricity from a generation facility to the distribution lines of the EDC. The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) regulates Transmission Charges and services.
- Miscellaneous: Ownership to, and the risk of losing the electricity delivered by UGIEL shall transfer to Customer once the EDC has taken possession of the electricity for Customer’s account. UGIEL shall not be liable for its failure to deliver electricity due to causes beyond its reasonable control. In such event, UGIEL shall notify you, stating the reasons for its failure, and make reasonable effort to resume performance as quickly as possible. This Contract is governed by the laws of Pennsylvania. This Contract comprises the parties’ final understanding, and may be modified only by writing signed by both parties. If any provision of this Contract is unlawful or unenforceable, the parties shall perform under its lawful and enforceable terms. Customer may not assign this Contract without the prior written consent of UGIEL. UGIEL may, without notice, transfer, sell, pledge, encumber or assign this Contract or the accounts, revenues or proceeds hereof in connection with any EDC Purchase of Receivables program or any financing or other financial arrangements. UGIEL may, upon 30 days advance written notice, transfer or assign this Contract to any person or entity succeeding to all or substantially all of the assets of UGIEL or to another supplier. ALL WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED AND EXCLUDED FROM THIS CONTRACT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE, MERCHANTABILITY, GUARANTEED ENERGY OR PRICE SAVINGS, OR OTHERWISE. UGIEL IN NO INSTANCE SHALL BE LIABLE TO CUSTOMER OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTRACT, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER A CLAIM IS MADE OR REMEDY IS SOUGHT IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.